View all vacancies
SENIOR QA TESTER
Rocksteady Studios is looking to hire a full time senior tester on temporary contract with the
potential to extend. We are looking for a seasoned Quality Assurance professional.
- Ensure that all problems and bugs recorded are done so in an efficient and informative
manner in keeping with the standard required f or Rocksteady QA reports.
- To communicate to all levels within the Rocksteady team.
- Use investigative skills to find problems, whilst continuing to complete tasks set by the Team Lead.
- Write up bug reports to the standard required by Rocksteady. This includes using correct
naming conventions and displaying a concise style of writing whilst ensuring that all the necessary information (what the bug is and how to recreate it) is contained within the report.
- Also assist other testers in developing their bug report writing and testing skills where necessary.
- Will be required to create and execute various test plans during a test cycle
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and all instructions are followed accurately.
- Provide Assistance where necessary to the Lead, and assist test team with group-based testing (e.g. multiplayer test).
- Provide suggestions for improvements, for testing strategies and processes.
- Deputise in the absence of Lead when necessary to ensure testing takes place accordingly.
- Provide information on resource requirements to the Team Lead when necessary.
The candidate will ideally have the following Skills:
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of next-gen TRC/ TCR’s.
- Ideally would have been involved in taking a multi-platform project (XBox360, PS3 and PC) through the full certification process.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire to make world class AAA games.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Develop and implement strong and comprehensive test plans.
- An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms. Must love games!
- Computer literate (strong ability to pick up new software packages quickly).
- Good understanding of game development.
- Experience of working on localised projects.
- Amiable and approachable
- Team Orientated
Other skills and comments:
- Flexible. Will be expected to work outside normal hours, including weekends and / or bank
holidays, if necessary.
- Good Language Skills are a plus.
Last updated: 16:00 on Wed 5/03/2013