View all vacancies
SENIOR SOUND DESIGNER
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. We are looking for an exceptionally
talented Senior Sound Designer who has experience of producing audio for an AAA title, and is ready
for the challenges facing audio on the next generation platforms. This is not a junior or intermediate
position; previous AAA game production experience is a prerequisite.
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Expert working knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 / UDK; AudioKinetic Wwise; Sony Sound Forge; Avid Pro Tools. Strong technical sound design and implementation skills.
- Plenty of experience with audio play-testing and audio quality assurance. Identifying, prioritising, reporting and resolving audio bugs / issues. You will have used the Wwise Profiling tools extensively.
- Experience implementing audio assets via Kismet; Matinee; the Map Editor; the Animation Editor Etc. You are comfortable editing map geometry in Unreal, adding point-source sound emitters and volumes. Terms such as ‘archetype’ and ‘prefab’ are perhaps familiar to you. You know when to use multipoint emitters as opposed to pointsources. You understand how important good quality audio implementation is to the player experience.
- Experience with game mixing under WWise. You know about states, RTPCs, attenuation curves, busses and environmental effects. WWise’s aux busses have you breathing a sigh of relief and you can explain why.
- Extensive experience updating, editing and adding new audio assets under the Unreal / Wwise paradigm.
- You are experienced with creating great sounds, but also know how to ensure they e.g. loop properly in-game, and have ideas on how to avoid obvious repetition of audio assets in-game.
- You have cut sound for linear video: cinematic sequences/cutscenes, incorporating music, dialogue and sound effects, delivered and worked with stems, pre-mixes, and you have delivered final mixes for linear video. You’ve edited dialogue and music as well as sound effects.
- Understanding of programming and scripting. You can discuss issues at length with audio programmers.
- Experience working and communicating with multiple disciplines to implement audio where there’s relevant crossover with those disciplines.
- Maintain audio maps well, integrate audio into non-audio specific maps where required in a clear and understandable way.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Be a team player, as well as independent as necessary. You understand the need for meaningful schedules and good production and can make decent estimates for delivery times of your work. You must be
organised and able to deliver on time, and to the desired standards, consistently.
The candidate will ideally have the following qualities:
- At least one (ideally two) shipped game title(s) for consoles, using Unreal in conjunction with
Wwise. Ideally multiple platforms catered for, particular Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
- Sound library software experience ( e.g. Basehead, Sound Miner), and familiar with source
control concepts (e.g. Perforce).
- Be a keen gamer.
Last updated: 16:00 on Wed 5/03/2013