View all vacancies
LEAD ASSET ARTIST ROLE
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an
exceptionally talented lead Asset artist to manage and inspire a team of artists responsible for
creating very high quality assets for a top tier AAA game.
- Experience creating Assets for environments using Unreal or similar technologies for
commercial titles (this must be demonstrated through actual levels in the engine in the
- Understanding of 3rd person action adventure games and associated gameplay
- Interest in and understanding of architecture, lighting, texturing and other elements that are
required to create aesthetically pleasing 3d levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage the asset departments demands.
- Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment
- Collaborate with the Art Director and lead Environment Artist to spearhead the creation of
consistent gameplay friendly assets
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work within technical constraints and generate top quality Assets.
- Clear understanding and implementation of gameplay guidelines and constraints
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments especially the Art director and design team.
- Expert knowledge of3DS max, Zbrush , Photoshop and the use of assets in a modular world creation tool e.g. unreal.
- Experience in managing a small department of artists and preferably experience in outsource management.
- A broad experience of rigging, animation , physics setups and interest in emerging technologies.
- Experience in defining production workflows, review and signoff processes.
Day to day duties
- Responsible of the quality and implementation of asset work in the environments.
- Hands-on Asset creation.
- Point of contact for the designers and environment artists to make sure the assets are 100%
- Facilitate the team requests on a daily basis, even when artists are busy with other work
- Game play reviews of the levels produced which includes the assets created
- To collaborate with the required designers, environment artists and concept artist
- Assist in creation of the initial asset pass in order to create a strong visual and architecturally believable game environment.
Last updated: 16:00 on Wed 5/03/2013