View all vacancies
SENIOR TECHNICAL CINEMATICS ANIMATOR/FACIAL SPECIALIST
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Cinematics technical Animator / Facial specialist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms. Responsible for solving cinematic technical issues and producing facial animations/facial captures to a high quality standard, and in accordance with project timescales using 3DS Max/Motionbuilder and the Unreal3 Engine.
- To provide technical support to the cinematic animation team. Working on animation rigs/ export tools and simulations in 3d packages.
- To develop the facial rigging setups and tools for the cinematic pipeline.
- To work on the facial animation from capture sessions to final quality implementation into the game engine.
- Report back to the Cinematics Director on progress, quality standards and raise any other issues that may need to be addressed.
- Liaise with internal animators to ensure consistency in animation application and, when necessary, liaise with other project team members in relation to project tasks.
- Knowledge of 3D animation in 3DS Max/Motionbuilder is essential.
- Knowledge of facial animation/rigging and technical constraints is essential.
- Sound grounding in the fundamentals of facial anatomy and movement is essential.
- Ability to produce a range of facial animations to include realistic facial anatomy and results is essential.
- Knowledge of timing and appearance of human facial expressions is essential.
- Experience of writing tools in Python is highly desired.
- Knowledge of facial motion capture is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Unreal is highly desired.
- Previous experience within the games/film industry as a technical animator/facial animator
Last updated: 16:00 on Wed 5/03/2013